PORT is a simple, web-based interface allowing users to quickly generate individually customized reports using the AGRRA data. You will be guided through several steps in order to define your own parameterized query and create your personalized report.
The PORT document briefly describes the user interface and functionality of the PORT (Parameterized Online Reporting Tool) now available on the AGRRA website. Through this tool users may select from any of the basic report types and then customize the output by selecting the desired output columns and filtering the data to generate reports tailored to the user’s specifications.
After the user specifies the parameters for the report the online database is queried to generate the output. A series of SQL queries are sent to the MySQL database server running on the AGRRA website to progressively build the final report. There is no need for understanding the underlying AGRRA database structure or the Structured Query Language (SQL) used to extract data from databases. The steps performed during the construction of the final database table(s) used in the report may be viewed to monitor the creation progress.
Once the customized database tables are generated according to the user’s parameters, they are transformed into various output products for use by the user. The output is currently available in three formats:
- HTML – hypertext formatted for viewing in the browser
- XLS – Microsoft Excel™ formatted for further analysis
- CSV – Plain text file (Comma Separated Values) for exporting to other software
The configuration of the customized reports is accomplished by the following steps:
Download for full instructions : PORT document
- Step 1: Select Product Type
- Step 2: Select Product Level
- Step 3: Select Output Columns
- Step 4: Select Filtering Criteria
- Step 5: Select Options
- After progressing through the five configuration steps shown above, the database is queried to generate the specified report.
- Final step: Viewing Outputs
This output may then be viewed in any of its various forms. The user interface and operational features of these steps are described in more detail in the PORT document.
HOW TO ACCESS PORT
(Parameterized Online Reporting Tool)
To access PORT, you need to create a user login using the Data Explorer Login .
PORT (Parameterized Online Reporting Tool) is currently being updated to contain new information from 2007-2015.
Check back soon for progress on the updates for PORT.
Create individually customized reports from the AGRRA database.
- PORT (Parameterized Online Reporting Tool) is currently being updated to contain new information from 2007-2015.
- Check back soon for progress on the updates for PORT.